Operation Broken Silence’s competitive internship program is best suited for those interested in pursuing careers in media, community outreach, and nonprofit volunteer management. As part of our intern team, you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside our staff and gain professional experience in an innovative, challenging work environment.
Fall 2014 internships begin October 1 and run through December 31. All interns are expected to volunteer a minimum of 5 hours a week and must live in the United States. The deadline for applications is September 15.
Apply if you have:
- A desire to be an independent leader in our movement for peace and justice in Sudan.
- A strong interest in the operations side of non-profit organizations.
- Amazing phone etiquette and strong written communication skills.
- Crazy awesome organizational skills.
- An undeniable love for team building.
- A positive and professional demeanor.
- Previous customer service or volunteer leadership experience is preferred.
To apply for one of the below positions, please email the following items to email@example.com:
- Full professional resume.
- A brief explanation of why you wish to intern with us and what skills you bring to the table.
- Expected dates you will be unavailable due to travel and personal matters.
Fundraising Leads: 10 Positions Open
Each Fundraising Lead is responsible for recruiting, inspiring, and leading a small team of fundraisers, usually consisting of between 5-10 individuals, to raising $10,000 for a specific project during the course of the internship. Work hard, play hard, and enjoy 6 months with your new best friends.
As a Fundraising Lead, you have the opportunity to work with other Fundraising Leads and your team to reach both your team goal and the collective goal of multiple teams. Interning alongside of these amazing people gives you the opportunity to:
- Create the organization’s fundraising strategy which will be in place through the remainder of the year.
- Utilize your unique talents and abilities to assist other Fundraising Leads as they manage their teams.
- Recruit and connect with new fundraisers as they create their personal fundraising pages and reach out to potential donors.
- Enhance the experience of fundraisers by consistently communicating with them about their plans, working with them through fundraising challenges, and celebrating their success.
- Continuously give constructive and innovative feedback to our staff to improve future campaigns.
- Work with Stay Classy, Mail-chimp, and Google Drive, three highly-regarded donor, public outreach, and business management platforms in the non-profit world.